Friday, August 25, 2006

san fran.

Just got back from San Fran.

I was called up to relieve Mark from the gig. He hurt his back pretty good. So I went up to save the day. (Well... kind-of. The gear was really pretty much loaded in already.)

The gig was for Sony Playstation. They were having a spotlight meeting for there new PS3. There was two locations with our gear in it. One of the places was in a confernece room at the "W" Hotel. This was a very nice hotel. It was very contemporary looking with a DJ playing on the second floor loft. I enjoyed staying there. But the maintenance people were so loud every morning. And the other place was at a bar named "swig". It was in a old building with a lot of character. They recently remodeled the whole thing. The owner & barender were very nice. We were having power problems. My eight 5amp lekos were over loading the main breaker panel. (CRAZY!) So they desided for me to travel my cables into the basement and though the wall to the neighbors power. It took me 1 hour to set-up the two trees, but it took all day to get it show ready. (FETCH!)

This was really a easy gig, especaily since the union guys do pretty much all the work. The hardest part was the traveling from hotel to the bar. I hate all those one way streets in the city.

SORRY, NO PHOTOS OF THE GIG. I FORGOT TO TAKE MY CAMERA.

the swig bar.

the "W" hotel.

sony PS3.

0 comments: