Friday, August 4, 2006

dang it.

So.... remember when I was in Vegas for a week and LA for three weeks on a gig...

I grabbed a AOL CD-ROM and installed it so I could attempt to blog while I was gone. I did the whole credit card thing so I could get 90 days free. All I needed was a few weeks worth and I would then cancel it. Right?!?!? This morning... four months later..... my wife reminds me that AOL has taken out $23.90 from our checking every month. Now, I haven't used this service since May. That's like $90 bucks man for nothing!

I called the AOL hotline this afternoon. I called at 1201pm. I entered in my home phone, said my screen name, and answered my security question. Then I pressed the correct number for "cancel". I then was on hold. FOREVER! At 1215pm, after 14 minutes on hold, I got to talk to a service person. They then asked me the same questions that the automated phone person asked. (WHY?!) I got my service canceled, but they wouldn't refund me. I was bitter! I know the payment was for membership and not usesage, but come on! I didn't even touch it for like four months.

I truly believe that they are "banking" on the fact that retards, like me, will sign-up and not pay attention to the bills and rack up a few payments. Beside this issue, I never had good success with this service. I was always dropped from corrections and I wasn't able to post blogs without tons of pop-ups. I do not recommend AOL for your internet service. Sorry if you love it! I sure hope it works for you. It didn't for me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know what "AOL" stands for?
All over loser!!! I guess you don't remember the problems we had with AOL when you ligved at home. It's not the "true" internet! Live and Learn, I guess. But you had a valid reason to sign up. It just didn't work out. P.S. We really enjoy your blogs.