Monday, August 21, 2006

comedy jam.

Yesturday, Live Light (Alex and I) had a gig in Mountain View, CA at the shoreline amphitheatre. It was a "comedy jam" for a local radio station, Wild 94.9. This is a annual event for the station. They have several popular comedians perform each year. Carlos Mencia was the headliner for this years event. The place was packed! There was 20,000 people in attendance. (Yes! 20,000 people for a outside comedy show!) It was a lot of fun and a lot of laughs too. The only bad thing that really stunk was all the jokes were really wrong & nasty.

The rig went up fast, but the amphitheatre stage faced the setting sun. So I wasn't able to focus the rig before the show effectively. I had to run the show pretty much on the fly. I was setting up palettes and focus postitions as the show was going on. The doors were at 5:00pm and show started at 7:00pm. It wasn't dark enough to see the lights until about 8:15pm. (That was three to four acts into the show.) I did take a few pictures and found some on their website. My camera wasn't able to do really much of anything. The Front of house postition (FOH) was about 150-200 feet away from the stage. Alex took some with his camera. I'll see about gettin some of his pictures of the gig.


(photo taken by AC/WRP)


(photos taken by WILD94.9)

wild 94.9

shoreline amphitheatre.

carlos mencia.

0 comments: