Wednesday, August 6, 2008

pretty lights.

I'm still rockin' the West auditorium!

In case you didn't know...The West is the "over-flow" room at North Point. (This room gets packed with people too.) There is live worship in each auditorium, but the message is live in the East and projected live on a HUGE Screen for the West.

I'm doing my best not to let the West be treated like second fiddle. I understand the natural feeling is that it's not as cool, but attitude is everything. We just have to rock it baby!

PHOTOS:
Announcements from East.
Worship - Everlasting God.
Message from the East.





Last Sunday, I was able to work with one of our newer lighting volunteers. I programmed the lights on Thursday. And on Sunday morning, I shared with Jon what I did. He did an excellent job running my cues for the service. He made me look really good. I just sit in the booth for both services and was support for him. I only stepped in when he asked for help. During the rehearsal, the west producer asked if we could add a little something to a song. I then showed Jon how to do this on the console. And it turned out great. (Got some mad props for that one too in the meeting.) But most importantly it was great to be able to get to know Jon better. It's great to have him on our production team. Looking forward to teaching him and the other lighting guys and gals more and more.

3 comments:

Chad Davis said...

How do I get that center screen in my living room?

Unknown said...

so, does it feel like live? Pretty sweet set up.

Unknown said...

I used my binoculars, but I still could not see it from Mansfield, Texas.

Texas Ron Linebarger