Tuesday, May 20, 2008

mens softball league. wk4

Not much to talk about on this one. We didn't play well at all. I was very tired before the game even started. I just could not get up for this game tonight. No energy in me. A few of the guys came really late. They didn't have a chance to warm up at all. I don't think the heat was a factor, but it was pretty warm. The misters were even on in the dugout.

Riverpark is a good team. They find a way to get on base. They also play good D. The pitchers pitches are sweet and fat. They look so good. You just want to hit it so hard. I was swinging way to hard at the pitch. For some reason we stuggled tonight with hitting. Can't wait for the rematch later on in the season. We need to settle the score at 1-1. Plus the playoffs are right around the corner. That's what counts!

WEEK FOUR. Game at 810pm.


NewCovenant (3-1) Loses to RiverPark 6-1.

OFFENSE:
We just couldn't get anything going offensively. Didn't score the run until the fourth inning. They played good Defense, but all in all we just couldn't hit any gaps or holes.

I went 0-3. Lazy ground out to third. Fielders choice at second. Fly out to deep Left center.

NO RBI's.

DEFENSE:
You can't do much on Defense if they keep on hitting the ball into the holes all over the field. I would shift left over more into the hole and then they would hit it down the line. They are good hitters.

Had a ton of Balls hit over my head at third. A few were hit to my left, out of my reach, in the hole. I only got my glove on one ball tonight. It was hit to my right. I just closed my glove before the ball even got to me. It was a back handed grab. The ball went off the tip of the glove. It was an Error! I know.

1 comments:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

Randy,
I'm going to need a statistics so I can keep track of your batting average. Looks like you haven't updated your post either. So disappointing.