Wednesday, May 21, 2008

got twitter?

I've been using twitter for little over four months now. Honestly, at first, I thought it was pretty dumb. Why would anyone want to know my very thought or very move that I make during the day? Isn't my blog enough? Well... I was wrong. A lot of people want to know what's going on with Randy Parker! They want more of Randy Parker! I also enjoy seeing what's going on in the lives of other people around the world.

Twitter has changed the way I communicate. I'm able to keep in contact with friends and even family members, everyday, all the time, and whenever. I have made new friends and contacts though this social networking device. Blogs are mainly used to inform others of past or future events, but twitter is for now. This is happening now, now!

Twitter is like a "mini-blog" with Instant Messaging involved too. As well used for picture uploading. You can just simply choose to only update a few things that your doing during the day and/or you can send direct messages to people. Here's a video to help explain to you what twitter is all about.

TWITTER IN PLAIN ENGLISH


Twitter has been spreading fast. I personally have noticed that some peoples blogs have been pretty weak lately, but there twitter updates have been growing strong. Some tweets don't even have a blog. I encourage you to start a twitter account. Make sure to follow me randyparker. I'll follow you back.

*I came across this on a twitter update the other day. "Control your house lights from twitter!" Check it out HERE. The sky is the limit!

**A Church in Michigan will be twittering LIVE during a Sunday service. Check that out HERE.

HT: Jvo - gaddis

This post is a part of Watercooler Wednesdays at Randy Elrod's blog ETHOS.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I'm a fellow Twitterer and realized yesterday that I'm very rarely IM'ing now that I'm on Twitter. I do miss the instant conversation aspect, but the people I was really IM'ing are on Twitter anyway.

Vessel said...

Thanks for that video.
I rarely take time to find these things out about new ways to connect with others until it is old news to everyone else.
Maybe now I'll twitter.

Jacinda said...

great having lunch with you and meeting you today. I look forward to next week. i got your link all updated.

randy parker said...

YES. Brian! (not Jacinda)

It was great meeting you in person for lunch with Pat. It's great to be able to meet other ministry leaders in Fresno. Hope we can hook up more often in the future.

On a personal note: Maybe we can get together for a "play date" with our kids at the park or something.

Thanks for the update on the link love as well.

See you Wednesday night at newcov.

John said...

Twitter Sunday is next week, man. I am very excited.