Tuesday, May 6, 2008

mens softball league. wk2

Another week of church softball. It took me a whole week to heal from the last game. The arm felt better today, but still isn't back to normal. The guys on the team tell me it's cause, "You're not as young as you once were." I probably need to warm up a lot more. Or throw the ball around during the week. I'll get back into shape before you know it. With that being said, I hurt my groin (man muscle) tonight pretty good. Still burns a little. Need some sportscreme! Yeah baby! That will do it!

I'm having a lot of fun. So glad I decided to play this year. I look forward to the games and the fellowship with the guys each week. Forgot the camera again. And didn't have a fan base to snap them for me anyways. The later night games are harder for the wife and kids to make it out there. It's past their bed times. Here's the game recap for game two.

WEEK TWO. Game at 8:10pm.


NewCov beat EV Free Fresno Church 8-6

I hear this is one of the toughest teams to beat in the league.

We started out with good quick sticks. Scored 5 in the first.

Held them scoreless for four.

I went 2-5. Two hard left field pokes for singles. Flew out to left and left center. Just got robbed by the short shop on a hard hit liner in the gap. He snagged it right out of the air.

I got no RBI's. Scored only one run.

Had to slide (SAFE) into third on a close play. I was at first and the play was at the plate. So I took another base on the single to left. Chris Miller scored from Second.

We played good defense in the first 5 innings. Turned a few double plays up the middle. We did have a few costly errors on tough plays in the sixth.

I had one ball ripped over my head at third out of my reach. And another one just got screamed down the line. Should have gotten it. I did react a little late. I stretched out a far as I could to my right. Only about a inch or two short. I need to play closer to the line more. I'm a lot quicker to my left anyways. Plus Baker is at short and he's a stinking' vacuum! He has a lot of range too.

It got really interesting in the sixth. We were up 6 (I believe) and they loaded them up with o outs. The go ahead run was up to bat a few times in the final inning. We held them though.

0 comments: