Tuesday, May 13, 2008

mens softball league. wk3

Alright! Felt a little bit better before tonight's game. It was a late one though. Started at 915pm. I planned on getting there early this time. So I can have plenty of time to warm-up the old legs and arm. However, after I drove into the parking lot and got out of the car, I noticed I forgot my cleats at home. Got back into the car and went all the way home to get them. Now I was going to be late. Didn't have much time to stretch or throw the ball around.

It was great to have Pat come out and watch the game. It was nice to have a fan come out and root us on. Go Team! Go NewCov! (I wanted to show off my skills.)

This was a good game for us. We didn't hit the ball well at all at times, but scored a lot of runs. Our Defense was again solid the first 5 innings. Our sixth is always a tough inning to get out of. We either start to get tired or the other teams bats finally get going and find the holes. Of course our errors don't help. Here's the wrap up for game three.

WEEK THREE. Game at 915pm.

New Covenant smokes New Harvest 12-5.

OFFENSE:
We hit first scoring 3 runs.

We Just kept moving the runners on base with singles and doubles. Scoring anyway we could. Good hustle got us a extra bag here and there.

I snapped my two game hit streak.

I went 0-5 tonight. Three sacrifice flies to left. Flied out to deep left center. The fielder made a great play. He caught it up against the fence. Ground out to third on a lazy chopper. (I think I beat the throw.)

Got 3 RBI's.

DEFENSE:
Held them scoreless for 4 innings.

Bob pitched great. He caught a few line drives up the middle. Turned a double play.

Barnes made a good play at second. He even added a little hop/skip throw to the bag.

Baker was nails at short as usual.

The out field played well. They can cover a lot of ground out there.

I had 2 put outs tonight playing third base. I love getting those hard hit grounders that get a good high pop before they reach you. They just give you a lot of time to throw the runner out. Plus the dirt in the in-field at this park isn't the best. Anything hit hard and stays low could stay low or bounce up in your face in a hurry. You never know.

I got a little nervous in the sixth again. There was two on and no out and we were up by only 9. You never know in church league softball. The sticks get going and the momentum changes and before you know it, your down a run. I have seen many teams come back and win like that. They score like 8-9 runs in the final inning.

The game was ended in a "Pickle" run down between second and third. Wow.

1 comments:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

I think a sacrifice fly counts as a hit as far as average goes. If that's true then you were 2 for 5 with your 2 sac flies.
That's gotta help your average, you can thank me later.