Tuesday, June 3, 2008

mens softball league. wk5

Got back into it after a week off.

This game was pretty boring. Not much going on. Very low scoring for softball. One of the highlights for me was hearing my son, McKay, yelling "Look...That's my daddy!" "Go Daddy!"

We also went to yogurt afterwards with our new friends, Chris & Katie Miller. Their son, Jeremiah, is two and half. McKay and him are pretty good buddies.

WEEK FIVE. Game at 600pm.

NewCovenant (4w-1L) beats Campus Bible by the score of 5-1.

OFFENSE:
We didn't really get to much going tonight. Scored just enough to win.

It was pretty windy.

I went 2-3. Had a lazy ground out to third. Two base hits into left field.

No RBI's.

Got thrown out at third with no outs in the fifth with only a three run lead. Dumb! Need to pay better attention to the base coaches. Thought I heard him say, "Come on!" The guys said that was the other team. Had a ugly slide into the bag too.

DEFENSE:
I just got ate up at third tonight. Two costly errors. They scored a run on me. Jamin got me out of a few jams with double play balls.

Did have two put outs. One was a caught line drive (hand still kind-of stings) and the other was a grounder with a throw to first.

0 comments: