Monday, February 20, 2006

rock-n-roll church.

This past Sunday at newcov was phenomena! It was a rock show for God! I helped plan this rock-n-roll church service with my friend, Patrick Callahan, the worship leader at newcov. The whole thing came together beautifully. I'm pretty sure that this service wouldn't be considered "rock-n-roll" to other big church's, but for newcov, where we are right now, it was definitely rock-n-roll.
















There was a wedding in the santuary on Saturday that I was the Lighting Designer for and
Live Light (Mark Willhoite and myself) did the decor and lighting set-up. The wedding had trees and chandeliers and the wedding party wanted a night sky look on the back cyc. So I used moving lightings to get this effect. It really was a good move cause I got to use the movers for sunday. After the wedding Patrick and I set-up the santuary for the ROCK-N-ROLL church sunday services. I have had many opportunities to run lighting for my church, but this past sunday was the coolest. I have had movers on specail programs sundays and we have done some really neat looks with conventionals. But this service really takes the cake! The best part, and I will do this again, was that I didn't use the moving lights for a walk in look. So at the start of the service I revealed them and it was sweet. You could feel the engery.

See and read more at two blonde boys.
Check out another change it up sunday at newcov.











-------------------------------
Rented equiptment:

-------------------------------
06
Vari-lite VL2201
04 Vari-lite VL2416
01
Whole Hog III console
10
ETC source four par cans 575w
03
Lightronics dimmer packs 4x1.2kw
01
DF-50 hazer w/ fan
04 small chandeliers
01 extra large chandeliers
04 Pipe and Bases

10 Trees

2 comments:

NerdMom said...

It was great! You did a wonderful job!

Hale-Yeah! said...

that looks freaking awesome. We could definitely use some of those creative juices over here at Peoples. Keep up the good work.