Saturday, February 18, 2006

my old truck.

I saw a truck driving down the freeway tonight and I had to do a double take. I thought it was my old truck. I speed up to it just to make sure it wasn't mine. This truck I saw sure was a lot nicer than mine ever was. I had mine for about six or seven years and it was in "good conition" for only about three of them. It was definitely a "fixer-upper" and a money pit. I finally had to say goodbye a few months ago. It really wasn't easy to let go of it. It wasn't running right and the electrical system was really taking a dive and expense to fix. I was tired of all that drama. Plus...my wife, and especially our bank account, couldn't take another major Randy's bronco needs some more work projects.

I guess a boy never forgets his first truck. I took it camping. I did a little four wheeling up in Shaver. I drove it up to the snow. But it did sit for a long peroid of time, several times, as I saved up money to buy parts to fix it up. I will get a new truck someday. I hope it is as good as this one was, minus all the broken stuff.
-----------------------------
1984 Ford Bronco XLT 4X4
351w engine
3 speed automatic transmission
2 barrel carb with Flowmaster muffler and 3" tailpipe
32" BFG mud terrain tires
----------------------------

1 comments:

Sara Edwards said...

Hi Randy!

I've never read your blog until today when I followed the link from Pat's.

My favorite car I've ever had was my Bronco. It was a 1981 and also a money pit. I loved it, though, and hated to get rid of it. But it wouldn't pass smog (unless you took it to the "right" place). Occasionally, I think I see mine around town too. Now I've got a Honda Pilot. It's more of a car than a truck, but much more reliable.