Friday, June 2, 2006

some music.

Recently I purchased a CD. (I know... weird.) I saw the CD in a Best Buy and just had to get it. I knew my wife would enjoy it, plus I really wanted it too. Remember the band, Sublime? This album "droppped" in 1996. Their music style is in a category of their own. It kind of like reggae, folk, and punk rock all mixed together. I listened to them in high school all the time. I can just see me and my friends blasting it in my mom's mini-van. (My wheels in high school.) It's funny how music can recall so many memories. I know that there is a lot of cussing and bad stuff in their lyrics, but I really enjoy this CD. It's what they call a guilty pleasure I guess.


(photo from sublimespot.com)

2 comments:

April said...

I have that CD, too, and now I am inspired to bust it out and listen to it again. It's college memories for me. I'm obviously a little older than you, but we won't go there . . . :)

Anonymous said...

Weird, I remember the day I bought it. I showed it to you and Loren at the Johnny Quik down the street from church. Strange how some things stick with you, huh?
Great blog Randy
Out...
Davin