Tuesday, April 29, 2008

mens softball league. wk1

I started playing on the NewCov Men's Softball Team again this season. It was nice to be back on the team again. I haven't played in years. I had played every year for a long time. I've also played in the co-ed leagues too. My wife played a few seasons as well with me. Church league softball can be a lot of fun. And it can be a great time of fellowship and outreach with others in the church and the community. But sometimes it can get a little to competitive. And that's what I love about it! Play to Win!



The men's league plays on Monday nights now at Bethany Church. We have a really good team this year. Our defense is pretty solid. And our sticks are good. Plenty of speed as well. (No speed from me. I just move my arms and legs really fast.) We should do well. I think we can win it this year. Make sure to come back here every Monday night for the duration of the season to see how we did. Or better yet, come to see how I did! (I know... There's no I in TEAM. But there is a ME.) I hope to have some pictures and maybe even some video too in weeks to come! So here's week one.

WEEK ONE. Game at 7:05pm.

NewCov Crushed Trinity Church 15-0

They were short on guys. Only played 7 guys in the field.

Bob pitched a great game. Got a three hitter to his name. Runners only reached two base once.

Our defense played great.

Scott Borman had a "SportCenter TopTen" diving catch out in Right Field.

I played third base the whole game. Had one put out. No errors!

Hitting was a little slow at first. But we got it going in time.

At the plate, I went 1-4. In-field single to third. Fly-out to Left. Line Drive out to Short. Foul-Tip K.

I scored one run.

0 comments: