Friday, May 4, 2007

raiders_draft.

Well... Did you watch the NFL Draft? I did. I wish I could have been there in NY at the radio city music hall. It looks like a lot of fun. All the fans in there go crazy after very selection. Off-season road trip, let's party baby!

I'm pretty happy with the Raiders #1 pick, in J.Russell. He's gonna be great. Hopefully he can step right in and produce. I was kind-of wanting (QB) B.Quinn to be our #1 pick, but he went #22 to Cleveland. He might not be so hot anymore. Not sure if Russell is a good fit for the Raiders. (I'm still wanting (QB) Rich Gannon to be playing. Or a QB like him.) David Carr would have been a good pick-up.
The Raiders did make some trades with New England, to un-load (WR) Randy Moss, and with Detirot to get (WR) Mike Willams and (QB) Josh McCown. Not sure who should start at QB next season? Maybe J.Russell should sit a year and let McCown start? Andrew Walter better not start, he not ready. We'll have to see how Training Camp goes. It's now on baby! Let's Go! Tee it up!

I'll be posting more and more as the season approaches. Plus... look forward to my weekly monday morning game analysis.

Check out the 2007 Raiders Draft Tracker HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember campaigning for Quinn on your blog over a year ago when we passed on Leinart. I am really scared of Jamarcus Russell. He is a physical freak, but that doesn't hardly ever translate to great NFL QB (A. Smith, R. Leaf). I wanted to take Calvin Johnson with #1 and then take a QB in the second round (Beck, Edwards, Stanton). The way things unfolded, we could have taken Johnson and got Quinn. AHHHH!!!!
Go Raiders?

Randy said...

Randy,

How are you and your fam?

Could you please send me your e-mail address...I am updating the Randy Elrod Inspired Blogroll.

Thx,

Randy