Tuesday, August 9, 2005

time flys by.

Remember this saying, "Time flys when your having fun?"


It seems like yesturday that my wife told me that "we" were pregnant. And today, my son, McKay Lawrence turns three months old. This time of our lives hasn't been all fun and games, but it has been great. Jill and I were ready for the birth day, but not completely ready for the baby. We took child birthing classes and read books like, what to expect when your expecting, and baby wise, but nothing prepared us for the him. The last three months have been awesome. Being a daddy has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love coming home to my family and hearing the days stories, from my wife and my son. Already McKay has started to "talk," roll over, grab toys, and the best thing yet is that he sleeps thru the night. I can't wait to see more and more milestones that are to take place in his life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know what I'm talking about when I said it was a wonderful, wonderful feeling when the nurse put you in my arms. You were/are truly the best thing that has happened to me! Parenthood is great and the best is yet to come!
Lots of love.

Anonymous said...

I just read what Pat said about you. I am deeply touched by all of it. Because you are a carer and a giver you will be or I should say you are, a great dad.

Pat Callahan said...

Hey bro! This is some great stuff. I am loving your content - great stuff. I read what your mom wrote and I have to agree that you are/will be a great dad. you have the right heart for being the dad you would have always wanted. I look forward to see all the changes that God is going to do in you and through you as a father.

I am reminded right now of how much I value our friendship and you as my friend. I feel lucky/blessed to have you as a friend. I truly miss getting to hang out with you every day and I hope that God opens the door for it again in the near future.

You push me, inspire me, and make me a better me.

Your bro...

-Pat